How to distribute iOS application via your own server?
- Follow below link to create your own server, if you don’t have any -
2. Create the .ipa file from XCode and place it at server path like — https://dce16f5bd1fa.ngrok.io/Application.ipa
3. Create the manifest.plist file like —
A). url (https://dce16f5bd1fa.ngrok.io/Application.ipa) should be changed to your Application.ipa file location.
B). bundle-version should be changed to version of your app
C). bundle-identifier (com.ss.ss) should be changed to bundle-identifier of your app
D). title should be changed to name of your application
E). place it at server path like — https://dce16f5bd1fa.ngrok.io/manifest.plist
4. Create a sample download.html file like —
Here url (https://dce16f5bd1fa.ngrok.io/manifest.plist) should be changed to your manifest.plist file location.
I have placed all files (Application.ipa, manifest.plist, download.html) in same directory.
5. Now open the link of download.html file in your iPhone like —
and tap on download application and a popup will appear to install the application.
on tapping install — application will be installed to your iPhone.
Note — Server should be running on https:// protocol otherwise application will not be downloaded on your iPhone.